Clearing, Activating & Energizing Your Crystals
Whether you first obtain a crystal, have been using them for a while, or just have them sitting out on display for their beauty, they have absorbed many different energies that they had been exposed to either by you yourself or by others who may have handled them and transferred various kinds of energies and emotions into them.
This is why it is very important to cleanse your crystals on a regular basis. A regular basis can be daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or every several months depending on how often you feel your crystals need to be cleansed.
If you are using your crystal for healing, you should cleanse them before and after use. This cleansing process is not a physical cleaning but is done to release the crystal of it stored energies, both good and bad. (Crystals on display may collect some dust and therefore may need to be placed under running tap water for a few seconds for a physical cleaning. Never use soap on your crystals as it may leave a film on the crystal).
I like to smudge my crystals to clear negative energies from my stones & crystals. I often use a white sage smudge stick or a Nag Champa incense stick as they remove stored up energy. You may also use sandalwood, cedarwood, sweetgrass, frankincense, as they too are excellent for clearing old energies.
Activating & energizing your crystals~Instructions (Can be done with or without salt, depending on type of crystal)
Note: Crystals that are porous, contain metal or contain a water content, should NOT be soaked in salt water~ This includes Crystals such as: Angelite, Calcite, Carnelian, Hematite,Lapis Lazuli, Labradorite, Lodestone, Marbles, Moldavite, Opal, Pearls, Pyrite, Turquoise.
Things You'll Need:* Crystal* Lavender , Cedarwood or Nag Champa incense* Incense holder* Matches* Candles
1. Sit in a dim, quiet place lit only by candles. Set a stick of incense, and an unlit candle out in front of you.
2. Hold the crystal in your hands, take some deep breaths and focus on you purpose. Imagine the crystal radiating with light surrounding and protecting you or seeping into an ill or injured person and cleansing away the hurt.
3. (See the "Angel Candle Therapy" page on this website for instructions on activating & energizing your candle) Light the candle with a single match then light the incense from the candle. Sprinkle some salt into the water and stir it gently with your fingers. Hold the crystal tightly in your hand and focus on your purpose.
4. Imagine healing or protective energies flowing from your hand into the crystal. Pass the crystal over the flame and through the incense smoke Visualize the crystal pulling in energy from all the elements; see its glow get brighter in your mind.
5. Cup the crystal between your hands and spend a few minutes visualizing the energy in the crystal pulsing. See it turn the color you most associate with your purpose--- red for confidence , Blue for protection, etc. - See Angel Candle Therapy for more info on colors/intentions.
Then place the crystal in a pouch or in your pocket. Throughout the day, hold & touch the crystal to receive direct energy from it (Jewelry should be worn).
You may continue to re-energize your crystals and maintain them with natural energies from the sun, the moon or the earth. I keep mine on a window sill to absorb the sun's energy.
The sun provides a stronger energy and the moon provides a gentler energy. If your concerned about your crystals fading, you may place them in sunlight at sunrise and sunset or simply use the moon light.
The earth provides grounding, earth energies. You may bury them in the ground or in a flower pot for 3 to 7 days to re-energize them.
Did you know that REIKI increases your intuition?
And that REIKI can help you heal your life on ALL levels?
Want to learn more? Just click on the link below for more details!
International Usui Shiki Ryoho & Animal Reiki Certifications
Like & Follow Jacqueline J Garner On Facebook! ♥